History of Boyne View House
Boyne View is an original Irish Farmhouse. Situated on the banks of the River Boyne and built circa 1750 by Lord Hertfordshire. After Lord Hertfordshire, Samuel Law acquired the estate who farmed thousands of acres of land stretching from Meath to Westmeath.
In 1917 our Grandfather William Kane bought the Estate. The family story read when William Kane viewed the house the front door fell in such was the extent of disrepair. William refurbished the house and move in with his wife Bridget, son William Junior and daughter Moya. William and Bridget were very happy at Boyne View and 4 more children were born Eithne, Agatha, James and Bernadette.William Junior, Moya, and James never married. All three lived at Boyne View until their deaths. Sadly Moya was the last Kane to reside at Boyne View and passed away in December 2002.
On Moya’s passing Agatha’s son Anthony Hoey inherited the estate. Since the house had not been refurbished since William acquiring it in 1917, Anthony and his wife Deirdre took on the refurbishment of the house for the second time in the family’s history.
Anthony and Deirdre have now restored the house to its former glory keeping as much of the original furniture and features. Along with their 5 children Anton, Stefan, Dylan, Claudia and Rhiannon they have opened up Boyne View to be enjoyed by all.